Friday, July 23, 2010

Homemade...



For Christmas last year, my sister-in-law bought me my first little sewing machine. My mom and grandma are both great at using the machine, but I had never used one and did all my mending by hand. I wanted to learn so that I could do some basic handy work. So far I hemmed pants, made some curtains and made a small quilt for my mom's birthday.

But last week I felt motivated to do what my grandma and mom did for me, make a little dress for my little girl. So I found a free pattern at http://rae.oostendorp.net/ITTY%20BITTY%20BABY%20DRESS.pdf and made my very first piece of clothing. There weren't as many directions as I would have liked to come with a pattern, so I had to wing it and added a few of my own personal touches. But at least she will now have something hand made by her mama too!

1 comment: